Share the truth of Palestine, one story at a time!

I want to join the WANN Sustainers Club with a monthly gift

I want to make a one-time donation to WANN


We need to reach $30,000 to fund our project for another year! Please help us get there. (Want to pay by credit card? You can do so on Launchgood.)


For 25 years, Shireen was the “voice of Palestine,” reporting from the front lines on the reality of life under occupation – the tragedies, the mundane hardships, the rare rays of sunshine. She told the truth by sharing our stories and thus served as the megaphone for so many. 

On May 11, an Israeli sniper silenced Shireen. But the lesson Israel refuses to learn is that there are many other truthtellers training and ready to take her place. We Are Not Numbers exists, with your support, to nurture and develop that next generation of storytellers. With the help of an international network of mentors and coaches, we have trained more than 300 journalists, poets and essayists, publishing more than 1000 of their creations to date. 

Your donations make it possible for us to keep sharing, caring, creating and resisting. Please donate whatever you can today, and share this page with your network. 

As young people, we know we are the next generation of truthtellers, and we owe it to Shireen and the other journalists who came before her to develop our creativity and take advantage of this platform to be heard, grow our skills and forge international connections.

We haven’t asked for your financial support since 2020. Please step up and be our allies now!

Help us show Israel that we cannot be silenced!

We Are Not Numbers’ graduates will keep on coming, filling Shireen’s shoes. Please donate today!

We rely entirely on the generous donations of our followers. Any amount you choose to give helps maintain and expand this project. Joining our Sustainers Club through a monthly pledge allows us to have a dependable base of support. Alternatively, you may choose the “donate” button to give a one-time contribution.

Once you donate, please help us spread the word by sharing this page via email, Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth!

PayPal is the safest, simplest way to transfer money internationally, using all currencies and with relatively low fees. By using PayPal, you guarantee that no one (including us) has access to your credit card information. If you choose monthly support, you can stop your payments at any time.

Note that you do not need to open a PayPal account to make a donation; after clicking on the “donate” or “join” buttons, you will be given the option to log into PayPal OR bill your credit card without opening an account.

If you do not want to use PayPal, email us at (enas@werenotnumbers.org) and we will give you instructions for a wire transfer or check payment (via our fiscal sponsor, Nonviolence International).

Where does the money go?

We Are Not Numbers relies for 80 percent of its resources on crowdfunding. (The other 20 percent comes from a partnership with Rebuilding Alliance, an American nonprofit that pays us in return for developing stories about its work in Gaza.) Our primary expenses are:

  • Rent, which we pay monthly to Gaza Sky Geeks (an initiative of MercyCorps) for space in its building.
  • Salaries for three full-time staff, one part-time and two “contractors” (paid for work completed). All were unemployed youths prior to their addition to our team, and we try to rotate the persons in these positions as they gain valuable experience.
  • Transportation expenses for writers who must travel longer distances for meetings and interviews.
  • Activities for project members, both educational (workshops) and fun (BBQs by the sea).

We are happy to answer further questions; email pam@wearenotnumbers.org.