WANN looking for social media coordinator
Social Media Coordinator
The coordinator will report to the international director for WANN and be responsible for:
- Proposing annual goals and overall strategy for WANN use of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, including audiences to be targeted, accounts to be cultivated, desired number of posts per day and metrics to track/achieve.
- Proposing and implementing social media campaigns for targeted themes, etc. by identifying and recruiting partners, coordinating Twitter storms, etc.
- Posting daily on social media accounts according to targeted frequency, using scheduling tool to avoid absences during power outages. Posts should include targeted mix of original/new content, recycled WANN stories and retweets of/comments on posts from followers/targeted accounts.
- Identifying timely news/developments in Gaza to share/comment on using the appropriate channels.
- Identifying popular/trending hashtags to tie into on Twitter and Instagram.
- Responding to all comments and messages on social media channels (or recruiting the appropriate person to do so).
- Producing or coordinating weekly Facebook Live commentaries on current issues/events.
- Tracking and reporting on success metrics and areas for improvement on monthly basis using Google analytics (website) and available Twitter, Facebook and Instagram data.
- Suggesting targeted use of promoted posts for social media channels within a set budget.
- Keeping abreast of social media trends by participating in and sharing insights from identified continuing-education opportunities.
- Reporting activities in bi-weekly report to international director and participating in weekly Gaza team meetings.
- Already graduated from university, allowing adequate, unbroken time for work responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated experience in use of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, with a minimum of 3,000 followers on each.
- Excellent skills in written English, with minimal editing required.
- Team spirit; pleasant, diplomatic and desire to work with others on the team to further the success of WANN.
- A passion for the mission of WANN and a commitment to helping grow the project.
- Desire and willingness to learn more about social-media best practices to promote causes and organizations. Preferred: past experience in using social media to promote causes and organizations.
- Ownership of own laptop and reliable WiFi at home.
- Willingness and ability to work out of the WANN office at least three days a week and to check in daily online with international director during her awake hours (Eastern time USA).
This position will begin as part-time, with flexible hours to be determined upon selection, but with the intention of growing it to part-time at a higher salary once the person has proven himself/herself. To apply, submit: a) a current resume in English, b) a one-page writing sample in English, unedited by anyone else, c) three suggestions for improving WANN’s social media presence based on what you observe, and d) links to your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts. Submit all materials to WANN’s Gaza project manager, Ahmed Alnaouq, at email@example.com, by January 31. Finalist candidates will be called in for personal interviews.